Mar 27, 2009

Speak hope

I've decided to speak Hope to the situations I'm in.

Here's the age-old grievance we girls have (in or out of church).

"There are no eligible guys around!"

I've decided that I shall not echo that sentence (consciously) anymore.

Because I know that it is not entirely true.

Now, while I do believe that there ARE eligible guys out there, I also believe that that pool of eligible guys is incredibly small.

Minute.

I mean, miniscule.

Like, atomic.

So really, you can't fault us for having that argument at the tip of our tongues all the time.

But all that aside, I'm gonna be more hopeful when this topic comes about in my conversations.

Cos I think if we continue saying "No guys, no guys," even if 'got' also, it'll become 'don't have'.

I'd rather speak the truth and have faith that it will come to pass, than to see a lie become the truth.

7 point(s) of view:

Marcus Lau said...

haha awesome..

deJelly said...

mmm..

what are your terms for 'eligible'?


:)

YANG said...

how come only guys comment one. see melody, alot of guys keeping an eye on u leh...

-merlvyn

deJelly said...

Does that means she's considered eligible? hehe =P

mmelodia said...

man... how did this backfire on me?

It's about speaking hope, hope!

YANG: I would hardly constitute '2' as 'alot'.

deJelly: Let's see what I can do about the terms for 'eligible'... As for your second comment, I don't think that is for me to claim. Haha.

mmelodia said...

It is very interesting that the very first line of the Q&A on Boundless today started of with...

"There's a limited number of eligible males in my church, but all of them are great, godly men."

Don't you find it kinda strange that even girls on the other side of the world say the same thing as we do here?

Anyways, you can check out the rest of the Q&A here. http://www.boundless.org/2005/answers/a0002005.cfm

Note: I'd encourge readers to read the Q&A in its entirety. And uh, any similarities to actual persons you know now is purely coincidental. Hehe..

Joel Vergis said...

Phew....tot u REALLY lost all hope! haha....de dude will come by.....u'll never know...